Monday, October 08, 2007

More Bloggy Goodness

No excuses, I have been remiss in keeping the blog up to date. Sadly, things have been a bit slow and, quite honestly, rather dull.

I am now one week removed from my latest pilgrimage to see Jimmy Buffett. I took my daughter to the show, she'd never seen him and I didn't tell her where we were going. The show was a two hour drive from home and not once did she question me about our destination. Needless to say, when she laid eyes upon the marquee she was quite surprised and rather excited. At fifteen, she may be the only Jimmy Buffett fan among her peers.

As far as the show itself goes, it was as entertaining as ever, yet at the same time it felt like it was an afterthought. It felt as if the show was thrown together quickly. I get the impression that Irvine was not his first choice of venue. One clue to this is the tour shirt I purchased. One of the stops listed is Hollywood, Ca. Well, he didn't/isn't playing Hollywood this tour. Don't get me wrong, it will not deter me from going to another Buffett show, I'm just saying, this show was not as good as the Thursday April '06 Irvine show or the Saturday October '06 Las Vegas show.

In other news...

My wife is now employed by the same company which employs...me. Yes, she has returned to the scene of the crime, the place we met oh so many years ago. I must, the whole carpooling thing is messing with my morning rhythm. After driving to work alone everyday for twenty four years, well, you get used to the solitude. You can belch or break wind at your leisure without thought of offending, stop for breakfast if you choose, or even suddenly change your mind and go to the beach rather than work. Damn, my wife's decision to make a career change has really fucked up my life.

On the upside, I do get a kiss after every break.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad your daughter enjoyed the concert. I know you were excited about taking her.

At least the missus only works at the same company as you, so you work "with her" not for her, or she for you. That situation only works well in situational comedies, or for really happy together couples. Wait...I guess that would be you two!

10/16/2007 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home